Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Canon finally has an enthusiast camera for sports shooters!

Wow Canon must have known what I wanted. The Canon 7D has the stats that I wanted to see. I would have preferred a 1.3 or 1.5 crop over the 1.6 APS-C. With the APS-C sensor it should be called the 60D. Canon now has a camera to compete with the Nikon D300, I can't wait to read the reviews. Canon finally has an enthusiast camera for sports shooters and it is only $1700.

Best Buy likes the camera so much they are selling it for $4000! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9491944&type=product&id=1218115078883

My camera must have heard my rant from the other day and died on me. I sent it back to Best Buy's Geek Squad to not fix properly. This time they have taken over 2 weeks to do whatever it is that they do to broken cameras. I shouldn't have bought at Best Buy but I didn't know. I did get the 4 year warranty so they will fix it or replace it... with a 50D.

Now Canon needs to get their 5D M4 out before the winter Olympics. Nikon, and possibly Sony, are beating you at the top end. See if you can beat ISO 25,600.

No comments: